Monday, December 29, 2008

Welcome Readers

Greetings,

First thing is first. My name is Russell Williams and I am a 30 year old advocate for agriculture, food and the American farmer. For the past couple of months I have been contemplating setting up a blog to combat what I see as a travesty in the making. There is a movement taking shape today that if left to flourish, will redefine agriculture to the detriment of us all. The movement has many names, but the most prominent is the Real Food Movement.

Now, many of you may have never heard the phrase Real Food, but I would wager that most of you have heard of its constituents.

The Real Food Movement promotes sustainable, seasonal and locally grown organic food consumption. Now you may be asking, "Whats wrong with that?". On the surface I would respond by saying nothing. However, the glamor and glitz and all the window dressing placed on the Real Food Movement is designed specifically to give the impression of a Utopian food system that is more secure, healthy, environmentally friendly and socially conscious than the current system.

The truth is, the Real Food Movement is a dangerous social experiment masquerading as a cure for obesity, malnutrition, food insecurity and environmental degradation. I realize that I am entering dangerous territory here. Real Food advocates are ardent believers in this scheme and will fight back viciously to protect the illusion they are attempting to create.

This blog is designed for one purpose only, to expose the deeper agenda of the Real Food Movement. An agenda that will push our food system to the brink of collapse in order to enact sweeping social change. Though this first post provides little evidence of my claims I promise over the coming weeks and months to provide an alternate scenario that the Real Food Movement either fails to recognize or consciously suppresses.

2 comments:

  1. ok, you got my attention.. Real Food is bad because... I want to see some facts

    ReplyDelete
  2. Real food is not bad, in fact, I fully support the increased consumption of fresh fruits and veggies. However, the ideological leanings behind the MOVEMENT that is Real Food is nothing more than the romantic destruction of a functioning food system based on anti-corporatism. The food system we have in the U.S. is capable of adapting to nutritional changes and consumer demands. As a farmer, I will be happy to grow anything consumers want as long as it will grow in the hot West Texas sun.

    Thanks for the comment, I hope to post more on this topic in the coming days and weeks.

    ReplyDelete